NO means NO! ONLY Yes means Yes! Always ask. Do not do not assume consent. Recognize and respect people’s personal boundaries. People have different comfort levels with physical and emotional intimacy. Before you assume someone wants a big kiss, hug, or any touching to a new best friend, ask him or her. When someone says NO, it means NO. It also means that pleading, manipulating, harassing, or intimidating in any form is UNACCEPTABLE. Tips for maintaining your personal safety and well-being:
- Communicate with those around you about anything making you uncomfortable.
- You are in charge of your boundaries. You must be sober enough to be in control and say no.
- You must ask before photographing, videotaping, or recording anyone on any media. If you are asked to stop, you must do so immediately.
- Tolerate and respect your fellow participants by not interfering with their enjoyment, art, or expression.
- Remember: you are responsible for your own experience.
We thank you all for coming to Dragon Burn and we know that you will have a wonderful time. Respect yourself, respect others, respect the land, respect the rules. If you think you could help for next year as an organizer, please let us know. In order for the event to grow, our organizer team must also grow! We offer opportunities in all departments. NO experience? That’s okay, none of us know what we are doing either.