- Branches repurchase from the city
- Bamboo sticks purchased from local
- Ropes for binding the Dragon body
- Nails, iron wire, fuel and other tools
- Transportation for moving the Dragon
- Other miscellaneous expenses
Shanghai’s iconic Wutong leaves turns yellow during the winter which looks like a golden dragon laying in the city. The city’s sanitation workers will cut branches from Wutong trees once a while. These branches will normally be shred and burned. We will collect discarded branches to make a dragon, which will become the effigy of Dragon Burn 2018. The work will be completed collectively by volunteers from the general public who play a significant role in the process.