Here are the meeting minutes for the Dragon Burn Planning meeting on the 25th January.
- Magic Ma
Ticketing / Infrastructure
- Have 60k from last year which can pay rent and art truck, plus 20k Art Grants
- If 300 participants at 300 per ticket we make ~90k
- If 500 participants at same price we make ~150k
- Need to figure out potential costs of power and portable toilets before we can set the price.
- Increase population to 500 will allow us to do lower ticket price.
- Anticipatefuture costs of growth (more infrastructure, cost for organization/company bureaucracy, etc.).
- Aim to have tickets on sale by end of February
- Still need to check with Landlord about power situation (negotiate about installing more power/check what power supply is available).
- Tim suggests hiring instead of buying – pain free setup and safety but need to understand what we need
- We aim to bring electricity to sound systems (Adrenaland, Temple of Boom, Kitchen, Center Camp)
- Get theme camps to supply power needs and encourage people to bring their own batteries or explore (e.g.) solar power.
- Can rent generators by the hour.
- Can cost up to 80k a day.
- Look into sourcing locally to the site – will be cheaper simply because we won’t need to move them as far.
- Could cost up to 60k.
- Need more detailed information.
- Event on the 30th January
- Everything is nice and clearly set
- Daliah is very supportive and nice offering a great deals
- Timeline and schedule all set
- Pierre will bring pictures exhibition
- Elaine will get from storage
- Event needs greeters (Fran?, Elaine?, Yummy?)
- 7-8 PM Chill and chat, plus videos and Tucker DJing
- 8 onwards info-meeting (art info, past year’s art, presentation of this year’s art per-submitted + open mic on ideas + some games)
- Add a paper board for brainstorming on site
- Present also flyers/QR codes for theme camps
- Yummy to help make event bilingual
- Grant application deadline will be March 11th
- Application form editing almost done
- Using Question Pro for art applications
- Application will separate art, theme camps and workshops
- Everyone to reach out and spread the call, especially with Chinese network.
- Get info from last years tickets about population attendance
- Elaborate on the idea of a Census
- Contact Chris and Travis
Site Visit Anji #2
- Two main tasks
- Evaluate feasability
- Push landlord to take a position sooner and clarify contract details
- Second site check on Feb 4th (to be confirmed)
- Tim, Davide, Fran, Elaine, Bok
- There is a WeChat group for this
- Magic Ma presents the funking amazing spiral of flames that will be a dragon made of tree branches sourced in Shanghai with a bamboo frame
- 9m long, 5m tall, each section 1m long, 36 sections. Tied together with rope.
- Magic Ma to provide material quantities and predicted costs
- Can test build in Dianshan Lake in April then transport to site from there
- May need kindling to burn it
- Fran to verify burnability and fire flow on spirals with HQ team
- Fundraiser already set up and will start very soon
- Need 10 people over 4 days to build (ask last year’s team?)
- Build on-site? Worried about unpredictable weather
- Source bamboo from Anji locals?
- Confused discussion about locations
- Need to define event: Fundraiser or Precompression?
- Best idea: indoor picnic
- Theater from past years is a potential location (Elaine knows it)
- Tentative dates?
- Yummy pushing for this to be the best event of the year
New Theme Camp
We are all scattered around as stars in a cloudy sky. next table they are holding a networking events with open bar. Ciao ciao!
- Shall we have a call out for new theme camps or a suggestion board?
- Like the “family theme camp” could be pushed to the community.
- Diko suggested pushing more on the environmental aspects and opportunities to do it the Burner way
- Add her to Ministry of Education
- Discussed possibility of bio-toilets – perhaps a long term project if the site lasts